Beginning with the class of 2019, D214 students will be eligible to earn up to two years of tuition free college attendance at Harper College.
Harper Promise - Explanation (Spanish) (Polish) For a detailed explanation of the program, including eligibility requirements, visit the Harper Promise site by clicking here.
All freshmen are encouraged to sign up for the Harper Promise for two simple reasons:
- By signing up, students will have a two years for free college option they could later opt not to choose.
- Meeting, or exceeding, the minimum eligibility requirements will serve students well, no matter what they choose to do after high school.
Registration & Recommitment
Freshman may register in ONE of the following ways:
- Register online during the general registration process by checking the "enroll" box
- Complete the Harper Promise Program Application and return it to the College Career Room, on or before December 15, 2019.
Sophomores, Juniors & Seniors must recommit each year via Infinite Campus. Recommitment closes 9/15/19.
Community Service Tracker
- Click here to enter community service hours in Transeo. Students should use their student email/password to login.
- Students are encouraged to enter hours throughout the year as they earn them.
- DEADLINES: All Senior hours must be entered before Monday, May 8, 2020. Freshman, Sophomore, and Junior hours must be entered before Friday, July 17, 2020.
Required Community Service Hours for 2019-20 School Year
Class of 2023: 5 hours of community service are required, earned from January 6, 2020 through July 17, 2020.
Class of 2022: 10 hours of community service, earned from July 20, 2019 through July 17, 2020.
Class of 2021: 15 hours of community service, earned from July 20, 2019 through July 17, 2020.
Class of 2020: 20 hours of community service, earned from July 20, 2019 through July 17, 2020.
Students dropped from the program may appeal to Harper College if they did not meet the criteria due to extraordinary circumstances.
For other information or questions, including service hours and attendance, contact Felicia Walter at (847) 718-7734 or firstname.lastname@example.org.