District 214 students are eligible to earn up to two years of tuition free college attendance at Harper College.
Harper Promise - Explanation (Spanish) (Polish) For a detailed explanation of the program, including eligibility requirements, visit the Harper Promise site by clicking here.
All freshmen are encouraged to sign up for the Harper Promise for two simple reasons:
- By signing up, students will have a two years for free college option they could later opt not to choose.
- Meeting, or exceeding, the minimum eligibility requirements will serve students well, no matter what they choose to do after high school.
Registration & Recommitment
Freshman may register in ONE of the following ways:
- Register online during the general registration process by checking the "enroll" box
- Complete the Harper Promise Program Application and return it to the College Career Room, on or before December 13, 2020.
- Sophomores, Juniors & Seniors must recommit each year using the Harper Promise Recommit Form by September 15, 2020.
Community Service Tracker
- Click here to enter community service hours in Transeo. Students should use their student email/password to login.
- Students are encouraged to enter hours throughout the year as they earn them.
Required Community Service Hours for 2020-21 School Year
Class of 2024: 5 hours of community service are required, earned from January 24, 2021 through June 30, 2021.
Class of 2023: 13 hours of community service, earned through June 30, 2021**
Class of 2022: 22 hours of community service, earned through June 30, 2021**
Class of 2021: 31 hours of community service, earned through May 10, 2021**
**Hours include the 2019-20 school year required hours which have been prorated for COVID-19
Click here for the Harper Promise senior year timeline.
Click here to access Harper's Promise Appeal page. Appeal form must be submitted by September 15.
For additional information or questions, please contact Felicia Walter at (847) 718-7734 or email@example.com.