Substance Abuse

When a staff member suspects that a student is under the influence of or possesses drugs or alcohol, he or she is to contact the Attendance Office (x4001 or x4002). The staff member needs to be discrete in an effort to not divulge how the information was received or that the student will now be assessed by a Dean. Security or a Dean will report to the room. A staff member may escort the student down to the Deans' Office as well. The Dean will meet with the student and assess what other professional need to be involved (Nurse, Police Counselor, Social Worker, Case Manager).