Student Announcement Guidelines
We are fortunate to have two methods of communicating information to our student body: televised announcements and scrolling announcements. Both of these methods are effective; however, it is important to realize each method has limitations. As you submit announcements, please realize the following guidelines are in effect due to limitations of time and/or space.
- Announcements need to be submitted to "firstname.lastname@example.org" by 11:30 a.m. for following day scrolling announcements on all TV monitors, and by 1:30 p.m. for printed and televised announcements.
- All announcements are subject to being edited. (time and space limitations)
- The only announcements accepted prior to 7:25 a.m. for "last minute inclusion" will be announcements covering events which occurred after 3 p.m. the day prior.
- Announcements are not to contain numerous names. Use an individual's name only if a truly exceptional feat has been accomplished.
- Private enterprises are not to be advertised over the announcements (i.e. - make checks payable to "Bill's Shirt Shop")
- Announcements which recruit students to sign up for elective classes are limited to three days on the scrolling announcements and will not be televised.
- No announcements will be accepted after 7:25 a.m. Please do not ask.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. The process of televising daily announcements follows a very tight time line. Your understanding is appreciated.