BGPA (Buffalo Grove Parent Association)
The Buffalo Grove Parent Association(BGPA) is focused on enhancing the educational experience of all students at Buffalo Grove High School. The activities we sponsor and manage throughout the year include:
- Annually award Scholarships to outstanding graduating seniors.
- Compile the only Student Directory for distribution. (September)
- Coordinate the sale of Spirit Wear.
- Provides parent volunteers for various school functions, including dances and final exams.
- Raise funds for school sponsored events, scholarships and Mini Grants.
- Coordinates and supports Senior Day along with the Senior class.
- Donates funds to the Freshman, Sophomore, Junior and Senior classes.
- Provides support for Teacher Conference Night.
- Coordinates Teacher/Staff Appreciation Brunch.
- Organizes Student Appreciation Activities.
- Awards mini-grants for sponsors of teams and clubs: Bass Fishing Club, BG Cares, Free Flow Crew, French Club, Honor Society, Gaming Club,German Club, Greek Club, Interact, Math Team, Model UN, SAAD, Scholastic Bowl, Science Olympiad, Student Council, Blue Crew, Theatre tech and many more.
Meetings: Our meetings are the third Wednesday of the month at 7:00pm, in the Community Room.
2017-18 meeting schedule:
- September 13th(2nd Wednesday)
- October 18th
- November 15th
- No Dec meeting
- January 17th
- February 21st
- March 21st
- April 18th
- May 16th
2017-2018 Board Members
President - Debbie Morris – (firstname.lastname@example.org) (847-419-1965)
Vice-President – Debbie Marchok – (email@example.com)
Treasurer – Michele Greenberg – (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Secretary – Patricia Dean – (email@example.com) (847-710-1326)
Volunteers needed for Spirit wear sales at the football games, Open House and Conference Night.
Coat checkers for the Homecoming Dance and Turnabout.
Servers for Conference dinner, Teacher Appreciation Breakfast and Senior Class Breakfast.
Hand out snacks on first day of winter and spring finals.
Work money cages at charity poker tournaments.
Frontier Days concession stand.
Contact: President - Debbie Morris – (firstname.lastname@example.org) (847-419-1965)
If you would like to volunteer. We will take as little as an hour of your time.