BGPA (Buffalo Grove Parent Association)
The Buffalo Grove Parent Association (BGPA) is focused on enhancing the educational experience of all students at Buffalo Grove High School. The activities we sponsor and manage throughout the year include:
- Annually award Scholarships to outstanding graduating seniors
- Compile the only electronic Student Directory for distribution
- Coordinate the sale of Spirit Wear
- Provides parent volunteers for various school functions, including dances and final exams
- Raise funds for school sponsored events, scholarships and mini grants
- Coordinate and support Senior Day along with the Senior class
- Donates funds to the Freshman, Sophomore, Junior and Senior classes
- Provides support for Teacher Conference Night
- Coordinates Teacher/Staff Appreciation Brunch
- Organizes Student Appreciation Activities
- Awards mini grants for sponsors of clubs such as Bass Fishing Club, BG Cares, Free Flow Crew, French Club, Honor Society, Gaming Club, German Club, Greek Club, Interact, Math Team, Model UN, SAAD, Scholastic Bowl, Science Olympiad, Student Council, Blue Crew, Theatre tech and many more.
Meeting Dates: Our meetings are at 7:00pm in the Community Room.
Generally they are held the 3rd Wednesday of each month but may change from this schedule due to conflicts. The 2018-19 meeting dates are as follows:
Aug. 16 (Thursday)
Sept. 20 (Thursday)
Nov. 14 (2nd Wednesday)
Dec. 12 (2nd Wednesday)
Executive Board Members and Committee Chairperson Roster 2018/2019
We will send Sign-Up Genius notices via email for volunteers. A few of the volunteer activities include gaming night, coat closet check for dances, baking for conferences, handing out finals snacks, working at Frontier Days, helping with post prom and selling spirit wear.
All BGHS parents are welcome to join the BGPA!