Beginning with the class of 2019, D214 students will be eligible to earn up to two years of tuition free college attendance at Harper College.
Harper Promise - Explanation (Spanish) (Polish) For a detailed explanation of the program, including eligibility requirements, visit the Harper Promise site by clicking here.
All freshmen are encouraged to sign up for the Harper Promise for two simple reasons:
- By signing up, students will have a two years for free college option they could later opt not to choose.
- Meeting, or exceeding, the minimum eligibility requirements will serve students well, no matter what they choose to do after high school.
Registration an Recommitment
Freshman may register in ONE of the following ways:
- Register online during the general registration process by checking the "enroll" box
- Complete the Harper Promise Program Application and return it to the College Career Room, on or before December 15, 2017.
Sophomores and Juniors must recommit each year:
- Student must recommit via a survey in Infinite Campus before 09/08/17
Community Service Tracker
Students in the class of 2020 and 2019 were notified, in August of 2017, about their continued participation in the Harper Promise Program or their inability to participate because they did not meet one or more program criteria. After receiving that notification, anyone who did not meet criteria because of extraordinary circumstances is eligible to appeal.
A form for that process can be accessed by clicking HERE. NOTE: The completed Appeal Form must be emailed to Harper College (email address on form) BY September 15, 2017.
For other information or questions, including service hours and attendance, contact Felicia Walter at (847) 718-7734 or firstname.lastname@example.org.