National Technical Honor Society
National Technical Honor Society (NTHS) recognizes outstanding student achievement in career and technical education. Buffalo Grove High School is one of over 2,000 schools and colleges throughout the U.S. to sponsor a local chapter. This organization, affiliated with Clemson University, encourages higher scholastic achievement, cultivates a desire for personal excellence, and helps top students find success in today’s globally competitive workplace.
Teachers nominate seniors based on the following criteria:
Three or more semester courses in Career and Technical Education programs (not including Information Processing and E-Consumerism, which are graduation requirements)
- GPA of 4.5 or better in CTE coursework
- Overall GPA of 4.0 or better
- Good attendance
- Post secondary plans in a related field
- Participation in student organizations (DECA, FCCLA, FTA, Robotics, Service Learning, Student Council, etc.)
- Exemplary personal and professional conduct, exceptional character, and good citizenship.
Approximately 20 B.G.H.S. seniors will be selected to join students from the other five District 214 schools for induction. These students receive an NTHS Membership Certificate, an honorary white graduation tassel, and three letters of recommendation that can be used for school admissions, potential employers, and scholarship applications. Listing this nationally recognized organization would enhance any senior’s personal resume.